- 13 lessons teaching how to accompany 13 very popular Irish tunes.
- Progress at your own pace, pause & repeat videos.
- Access on all your devices.
- PDF sheet music & mp3’s to download & keep for each tune.
- 14-day free trial. Cancel anytime.
- Access to 14 instruments, 40+ courses, 700+ tutorials
- Access our Entire Course Catalogue for Every Instrument.
- Library of over 150 popular Irish tunes to practice along with.
- Virtual Reality Sessions for the unique Irish Pub Session experience – a real treat for the Irish music lover.
- Community Forum of students and teachers, all friends with a love of Irish music.
Bouzouki Progressions is for the player who already has the basics and is ready to progress into the more finer nuances of bouzouki playing.
This is a well thought out course; it starts with Alan demonstrating different voicing for common chords in Irish music along with strumming patterns. As the course progresses, he teaches how to play more quirky techniques: rhythmic embellishments, triplets, hammer on skills, how to use counter melodies and cross picking.
Play along melody backing tracks are available for each and every tune in the course, so students can practice the chords along with a melody player. Mute the accompaniment track, choose your speed and play along with the fiddle!
By the end of this course, the student will have a repertoire of 13 tune accompaniments, that can easily be transferred to other tunes in the tradition.
The traditional Irish tunes and corresponding techniques taught are:
Tatter Jack Walsh Jig (Voicings for the Chords of D and C)
The Humours of Ennistymon Jig (Strumming Patterns for Jigs)
The Cock and Hen Slip Jig (Strumming for Slip Jigs)
The Copperplate Reel (The chord of E7)
The Earl’s Chair Reel (Barre Chords: Em)
An Gaoth Aneas Waltz (Strumming for Waltzes Voicings for G chord)
The Black Rogue Jig (Strummings for Jigs Voicings for the Chord of A)
Castle Kelly’s Reel (Counter Melody Playing)
Old Johns’s Jig (Cross Picking)
The Yellow Cow Reel (Cross Picking)
The Galway Hornpipe (Melodic Variation)
Headwood Crossing (m7 Chords)
Sample Sheet Music
Download The Mountain Road Reel ABC Sheet Music.
Download The Mountain Road Reel Standard Notation Sheet Music.
Sample mp3 of The Mountain Road Reel
Alan Reid, from North County Leitrim in Ireland, is a highly-adept multi-instrumentalist. His banjo, bouzouki, mandolin, and oud playing has seen him work extensively in both performance and recording settings, as well as making a movie appearance in the 2014 movie ‘Noble’. Alan also featured on the compilation CD ‘Leitrim Equation 3’, where he recorded duets with highly-acclaimed Irish musicians Donal Lunny and John Carty. Read more.
Detailed questions and discussion on the course can be found in the Community Forum, available to paying members only.
Start Your Free Trial