- 13 lessons teaching how to play 10 popular Irish tunes.
- Progress at your own pace, pause & repeat videos.
- Access on all your devices.
- PDF sheet music & mp3’s to download & keep for each tune.
- 7-day free trial then €19 per month, cancel anytime.
- Access our Entire Course Catalogue for Every Instrument.
- Library of over 150 popular Irish tunes to practice along with.
- Virtual Reality Sessions for the unique Irish Pub Session experience – a real treat for the Irish music lover.
- Community Forum of students and teachers, all friends with a love of Irish music.
By the end of this course, you will have a wealth of advanced technical tips plus exercises to hone your ornamentation styles. The course has 13 lessons, broken into 3 to 4 tutorials each, where tunes are taught phrase by phrase.
Expert Irish Flute Technique addresses ornamentation, both learning more complex forms and attempting a greater density of ornamental practice. Throughout the course you are also introduced to a number of different forms of articulation and techniques of emphasis and duration, as well as strategies for variation and approaches to phrasing. It includes exercises to engage and develop tone, dexterity and stamina, as well as key work. The styles of many of the great flute players from the Irish tradition are discussed and referred to throughout the course.
The traditional Irish tunes and corresponding techniques taught are:
Johnny’s Wedding (Intonation, Variation, Key work)
Andy Jarvis’ (Challenging Keys, Key work)
Charlie O’Neill’s (Throat and Tongue Articulation)
Charlie O’Neill’s #2 (Throat and Tongue Articulation, Embouchure)
The Green Mountain (Phrasing, Breathing and Variation)
Frank Delaney’s (Variation and Improvisation)
Gan Ainm Reel (Challenging Keys: G Minor, Key Work)
Gan Ainm Reel #2 (Challenging Keys: G Minor, Key Work)
The Boyne Hunt (Challenging Keys: E Major, Key Work)
An Paistin Fionn (Ornamentation for Airs, Tone, Vibrato)
Young Men In Their Bloom (Third Octave Playing)
Exercises (for the betterment of Tone, Ornamentation and Articulation)
Sample Sheet Music
Download Willie Coleman’s Jig Standard Notation Sheet Music.
Sample mp3 of Willie Coleman’s Jig
Detailed questions and discussion on the course can be found in the Community Forum, available to paying members only.