- 13 lessons teaching how to play 13 very popular Irish tunes.
- Progress at your own pace, pause & repeat videos.
- Access on all your devices.
- PDF sheet music & mp3’s to download & keep for each tune.
- 14-day free trial. Cancel anytime
- Access to 14 instruments, 40+ courses, 700+ tutorials
- Access our Entire Course Catalogue for Every Instrument.
- Library of over 150 popular Irish tunes to practice along with.
- Virtual Reality Sessions for the unique Irish Pub Session experience – a real treat for the Irish music lover.
- Community Forum of students and teachers, all friends with a love of Irish music.
By the end of the course you will have a repertoire of thirteen popular Irish session tunes plus some valuable techniques, e.g., strumming patterns and sliding chords, to spice up your guitar accompaniment skills, not to mention general guitar mastery. The course has 13 lessons, broken into 3 to 4 tutorials each, where tunes are taught phrase by phrase.
The first half of the course will examine the chords, chord structures and strumming patterns of some of the more typical tune types and keys in the Irish tradition; the Jig, Reel, Slip Jig and Hornpipe focusing on the keys of D, G, E major and A major. It then progresses onto other techniques such as the use of sliding chords, inversions, bass runs, the hammer-on technique and more complex strumming patterns. A selection of well known tunes have been carefully selected to demonstrate the skills and techniques taught.
The tunes taught in this course are:
The Cuil Aodha
Fig For A Kiss
The Plains Of Boyle
Sean Reid’s Reel
The Congress Reel
Tom Barretts Polka
Seamus Connollys Jig
The Boys Of Ballisodare
The Pipers Despair
Out On The Ocean
Sample Guitar Chord Diagrams
Download The Green Mountain Chord Diagrams.
Sample mp3 of The Green Mountain
Detailed questions and discussion on the course can be found in the Community Forum, available to paying members only.