- 13 lessons teaching how to play 13 popular Irish tunes.
- Progress at your own pace, pause & repeat videos.
- Access on all your devices.
- PDF sheet music & mp3’s to download & keep for each tune.
- 14-day free trial. Cancel anytime
- Access to 14 instruments, 40+ courses, 700+ tutorials
By the end of the course, you will have a great variety of Irish traditional tunes to add to your repertoire. The course has 13 lessons, broken into 3 to 4 tutorials each, where tunes are taught phrase by phrase.
Fleadh Tunes for the Fiddle begins with simple dance tunes and slow airs. A progressive study of ornamentation, variation, phrasing, tempo, rhythm and tone then follow. When dealing with Slow Airs the main focus is on the phrasing, momentum, appropriate ornamentation, the use of expression and most importantly the history and background to the airs and the accompanying songs, words and translations. The course also enables you to have an understanding of how to approach the topic of air playing.
Tunes taught in this course:
Sliabh Russell Jig
Caoineadh Uí Dhomhnaill
Tumble The Tinker
Sé Fáth Mo Bhuartha
The Castle Jig
The New Policeman
Sheet Music and Mp3s available to Download for each Tune
Sample Sheet Music
Sample mp3 of The Gallant Boys of Tipperary
Detailed questions and discussion on the course can be found in the Community Forum, available to paying members only.