The mandolin is a very old instrument, the origins of which go back to the lute of Medieval times. There are three prominent types of mandolin available: the Neapolitan bowl-back, the arch-top and the flat-back, it is the flat-back mandolin that is most commonly used in the Irish tradition.
Paddy Cummins, the resident mandolin tutor for OAIM, teaches two courses: one for absolute beginners and a progressions course as a follow on. In these two courses you will learn all there is to know about one of Ireland’s most recognisable and traditional musical instruments from a teacher who is as relaxed as he is knowledgeable about the instrument.
Scroll down for courses.
Mandolin Frequently Asked Questions
answered by tutor Paddy Cummins
Try it for free, Cancel anytime
- 14 Irish music instruments
- 34 renowned Irish music tutors
- Includes mp3 files and sheet music
- Don’t need to read music!
- Available 24/7 on all your devices
- Cheaper than one-to-one lessons
- 75 Courses
- Multi-speed Practice Tracks
- Play Along Pub Sessions
- Student Forum
- 900+ Lessons
- One Subscription – Unlimited Access