- 13 lessons teaching how to sing 13 popular Irish songs.
- Progress at your own pace, pause & repeat videos.
- Access on all your devices.
- PDF sheet music & mp3’s to download & keep for each tune.
- 14-day free trial. Cancel anytime
- Access to 14 instruments, 40+ courses, 700+ tutorials
- Access our Entire Course Catalogue for Every Instrument.
- Library of over 150 popular Irish tunes to practice along with.
- Virtual Reality Sessions for the unique Irish Pub Session experience – a real treat for the Irish music lover.
- Community Forum of students and teachers, all friends with a love of Irish music.
Most of the repertoire taught in this twelve lesson song course is from the Irish singing tradition although a few Scottish and English songs also feature for good measure. Songs taught are in English, but if you are interested in learning songs in the native Irish language please check out the Songs in Irish Gaelic course.
By the end of the course you will have developed a broad and varied repertoire of Irish folk songs and the ability to sing in the Irish style with appropriate use of ornamentation and phrasing. The course has 13 lessons, broken into 3 or 4 tutorials each.
There is a lovely mixture of well known and more unusual songs included in this course. Themes include songs of emigration and exile, love songs and humorous songs. Along with the teaching of the songs, attention is also paid to the following aspects of vocal technique: tone, breathing, ornamentation, phrasing and the improvement of vocal strength and range.
The songs taught are:
Fair And Tender Ladies
P Stands For Paddy
The Rocks Of Bawn
Thousands Are Sailing
Bonnie Blue Eyed Nancy
Free And Easy For To Jog Along
The Leaving Of Limerick
Bold Fenian Men
Do You Love An Apple
The Bay Of Biscay
Sheet Music and Mp3s available to Download for each Tune
Sample Sheet Music
Download Love is Teasing Lyrics.
Sample mp3 of Love is Teasing
Frequently Asked Questions about Singing answered by Muireann Nic Amhlaoibh
Detailed questions and discussion on the course can be found in the Community Forum, available to paying members only.