For the budding tenor banjo player keen on Irish music we offer four comprehensive courses for both beginners and aspiring players. Paddy Cummins offers lessons for those already familiar with playing, focusing on ornaments in the context of the ‘musicality’; while Lisa Canny teaches Banjo Basics for absolute beginners and a follow-on course, Banjo Foundations. Finally, Alan Reid’s Banjo Progressions bridges the gap between Lisa’s Banjo Foundations and Paddy’s Irish Tenor Banjo Technique, offering students an in-depth study in ornamentation and styling techniques. With an amazing repertoire to boot, these courses will help you get the most from this wonderful instrument.
Scroll down for the courses.
Tenor Banjo Frequently Asked Questions
answered by tutor Alan Reid
Try it for free, Cancel anytime
- 14 Irish music instruments
- 34 renowned Irish music tutors
- Includes mp3 files and sheet music
- Don’t need to read music!
- Available 24/7 on all your devices
- Cheaper than one-to-one lessons
- 75 Courses
- Multi-speed Practice Tracks
- Play Along Pub Sessions
- Student Forum
- 900+ Lessons
- One Subscription – Unlimited Access