Ireland’s indigenous bagpipes take their name from the Irish word for ‘elbow’ alluding to the air-bag and bellows which the elbows operate. Piping is considered a very important part of the Irish tradition. Uilleann Pipes Basics is aimed at the absolute beginner and taught by Tom Delany. It is a really well thought out course, that will guide you skillfully step by step from zero to some of the most popular piping tunes on the circuit. Uilleann Pipes Technique, taught by Mikie Smyth, looks into a lot of technical aspects of uilleann pipe playing. If you have a handle on the basics of piping and want to push the boundaries of your ability then check out Mikie’s course.
Scroll down for details.
Uilleann Pipes Frequently Asked Questions
with tutor Tom Delany
Try it for free, Cancel anytime
- 14 Irish music instruments
- 34 renowned Irish music tutors
- Includes mp3 files and sheet music
- Don’t need to read music!
- Available 24/7 on all your devices
- Cheaper than one-to-one lessons
- 75 Courses
- Multi-speed Practice Tracks
- Play Along Pub Sessions
- Student Forum
- 900+ Lessons
- One Subscription – Unlimited Access