- 13 lessons teaching how to play 13 very popular Irish tunes.
- Progress at your own pace, pause & repeat videos.
- Access on all your devices.
- PDF sheet music & mp3’s to download & keep for each tune.
- 14-day free trial. Cancel anytime.
- Access to 14 instruments, 40+ courses, 700+ tutorials
- Access our Entire Course Catalogue for Every Instrument.
- Library of over 150 popular Irish tunes to practice along with.
- Virtual Reality Sessions for the unique Irish Pub Session experience – a real treat for the Irish music lover.
- Community Forum of students and teachers, all friends with a love of Irish music.
By the end of the course you will have a repertoire of thirteen popular Irish session tunes, be familiar with open chords, muting of strings for percussive effect, single string accompaniment and the use of ‘jazzy’ chords in the accompaniment of traditional music. The course has 13 lessons, broken into 3 to 4 tutorials each, where tunes are taught phrase by phrase.
The aim of this course is not just to learn how to accompany Irish music on the guitar using standard tuning, but how to do so in a rich and dynamic way that adds depth to any set. The tutor examines the voicing of the chords along with strumming patterns of some of the more typical tune types and keys in the Irish tradition such as the Jig, Reel, Slip-jig and Hornpipe. Some of the skills and techniques focused on include the use of open chords, the muting of strings for percussive effect, single string accompaniment and the use of ‘jazzy’ chords. A selection of well known tunes have been carefully selected to demonstrate the skills and techniques taught.
The tunes taught in this course are:
Lady Ann Montgomery’s
The Sally Gardens
The Castle Jig
The Hole In The Hedge
The Earl’s Chair
The Golden Eagle
The Maids Of Mount Cisco
The Humours Of Whiskey
Sample Sheet Music
Download The Rose in the Heather Chords Accompaniment.
Download The Rose in the Heather Standard Notation Sheet Music.
Sample mp3 of The Rose In The Heather
Detailed questions and discussion on the course can be found in the Community Forum, available to paying members only.
Start Your Free Trial