- 13 lessons teaching how to play 13 very popular Irish tunes.
- Progress at your own pace, pause & repeat videos.
- Access on all your devices.
- PDF sheet music & mp3’s to download & keep for each tune.
- 14-day free trial. Cancel anytime
- Access to 14 instruments, 40+ courses, 700+ tutorials
- Access our Entire Course Catalogue for Every Instrument.
- Library of over 150 popular Irish tunes to practice along with.
- Virtual Reality Sessions for the unique Irish Pub Session experience – a real treat for the Irish music lover.
- Community Forum of students and teachers, all friends with a love of Irish music.
By the end of the course you will have a repertoire of thirteen popular Irish session tunes, be familiar with single string accompaniment, dampening and dead strum techniques and the use of more ‘jazzy’ chords in the accompaniment of traditional music. The course has 13 lessons, broken into 3 to 4 tutorials each, where tunes are taught phrase by phrase.
A wonderful selection of well known tunes from the Irish tradition are used throughout this course to demonstrate guitar accompaniment styles and techniques with a focus on varying rhythms, keys and modes. To spice things up, the tutor skilfully borrows from other genres incorporating Calypso rhythms, James Brown, Niall Rodgers, Pachabel’s Canon, and other popular riffs that really enliven a master accompanist’s repertoire. Single string accompaniment is also examined, as is dampening and dead strum techniques and the use of more ‘jazzy’ chords. Each lesson is accompanied with practice mp3’s of the melody and PDF’s of chord structures and shapes.
The tunes taught in this course are:
The Cliffs Of Moher
The Rights Of Man
The Dingle Regatta
Boys Of Malin
Fig For A Kiss
The Boys Of Bluehill
Connacht Man’s Rambles
The Golden Stud
The Man Of Aran
Sample Sheet Music
Download The Silver Spear Chord Diagrams.
Download The Silver Spear Chords.
Sample mp3 of The Silver Spear
Detailed questions and discussion on the course can be found in the Community Forum, available to paying members only.