- 13 lessons teaching how to play 12 very popular Irish tunes.
- Progress at your own pace, pause & repeat videos.
- Access on all your devices.
- PDF sheet music & mp3’s to download & keep for each tune.
- 14-day free trial. Cancel anytime
- Access to 14 instruments, 40+ courses, 700+ tutorials
- Access our Entire Course Catalogue for Every Instrument.
- Library of over 150 popular Irish tunes to practice along with.
- Virtual Reality Sessions for the unique Irish Pub Session experience – a real treat for the Irish music lover.
- Community Forum of students and teachers, all friends with a love of Irish music.
Expert Whistle Skills #2, designed to follow on from the skills learned in Expert Whistle Skills #1, continues to explore more advanced whistle techniques such as the trill, vibrato, different types of rolls and tonguing technique.
By the end of the course you will have increased confidence in your whistle playing through learning and incorporating a wide range of advanced tin whistle techniques. The course has 13 lessons, broken into 3 to 4 tutorials each, where tunes are taught phrase by phrase.
This course continues the exploration into advanced ornamentation and variations. Techniques focused on include: trill, vibrato, different types of rolls and tonguing. Emphasis is also placed on variation in ornamentation, phrasing, melody and rhythm. Similar to the previous course, you are encouraged to transfer these newly acquired skills to tunes which you already have in your repertoire.
NOTE: There are 6 to 7 mp3’s available to download for each tune. One with the tune played at normal speed, one for the first part of the tune played slowly, then the second part, then various mp3’s demonstrating the different ornamentations taught.
Tunes taught in this course:
The Old Bush
The Honey Bee
Bill Malley’s Barndance
The Liverpool Hornpipe
Humours Of Lissadel
The Plains Of Boyle
Sheet Music and Mp3s available to Download for each Tune
Sample Sheet Music
Download The New Broom ABC Sheet Music.
Download The New Broom Standard Notation Sheet Music.
Sample mp3 of The New Broom
In recent years, Thomas has gained expertise as a musician in the area of music for young children, working with organizations such as the National Concert Hall, Common Ground, Music Network, Helium Arts, The Ark, and Early Childhood Ireland. Other related work includes designing and facilitating designing professional development workshops for various early childhood care and education providers. Read more.
Detailed questions and discussion on the course can be found in the Community Forum, available to paying members only.